ROLE AND DUTIES:
- Establish, monitor and enforce a comprehensive set of internal controls, establish policies and procedures around accounting and financial related issues
- Establish GAAP accounting standards and procedures
- Prepare various monthly and annual corporate financial reports for clients including consolidated financial statements, income statements, balance sheet statements, cash-flow statements, etc.
- Help oversee external audits of client accounting books as required by board or bank mandates and maintain due diligence ready records
- Ensure that financial reports comply with GAAP and established accounting standards and procedures
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required
- Five years of experience as a Senior Accountant or two years as a Controller
- Strong experience in cost/inventory accounting and revenue recognition and/or SAAS accounting and revenue recognition
- Experience of accounting for consolidations and other business combinations
- Experience with international and multi-currency accounting
- Experience working with startups or smaller companies
- Must be comfortable working in fast-paced, changing environments - this role will have 5-10 clients at any given time, depending on the size of the client.
- Comprehensive experience on supporting external and internal audit, due diligence, as well as income tax return matters.
- CPA or CPA training
- Consulting Experience
- Experience in purchase accounting
Work will be done primarily in our San Mateo office with occasional client visits to various San Francisco Bay Area locations.